Happy Mother’s Day!!
We were totally honoured today as a respected figure, Pn. Noraslina Jusin aka Ummu Husna , who is the wife of Ustaz Zaharuddin (UZAR) had come to Nottingham to give a talk on tarbiyatul awlad.
The talk, entitled ‘Aduhai Anakku Sayang..’, really had fired up my spirit in raising my child (children, in future 😉 ) as beautiful muslims & mukmins, insyaAllah.
Ummu Husna pointed out one thing that really caught my attention – about the common surahs that most of us like to practice reciting in pregnancy:
Surah Luqman – for intelligent child
Surah Maryam – for ease of labour
Surah Yusuf – for beautiful child
In her & UZAR’s opinion, based on their observation and research from sunnah & hadiths, the claims of the benefits of those surahs are baseless. I was not surprised to hear it, although I did practice it for a while when I was carrying Rayyann. After I read them a few times, I just felt it wasn’t right. So instead I began to recite the whole Quran again, with the hope that the hikmah of the ayahs benefit me and my baby, insyaAllah.
She mentioned that what’s important is for the mothers to recite the whole Quran, and tawasul.. pray that from the soleh deed of reciting the Holy Book, will result in soleh offspring, insyaAllah..
The 3 Levels of Mothers’ Responsibilities
1/ Before pregnancy
– To make doa without fail everyday ~ Prophet Zakaria’s (pbuh)doa:
رَبِّ هَبۡ لِى مِن لَّدُنكَ ذُرِّيَّةً۬ طَيِّبَةًۖ إِنَّكَ سَمِيعُ ٱلدُّعَآءِ
My Lord! Bestow upon me of Thy bounty goodly offspring. Lo! Thou art the Hearer of Prayer. (Surah Ali-Imran: 38)
Do not give up in making doa, always pray for a pious child. And have faith in the doa made.
– To do as much good (soleh) deeds as you can. It is important to realize that a child’s relationship towards his parent is as a seed in a pot. (Imam Ghazali r.h, “tanah yang baik akan menghasilkan tanaman yang baik”).
2/ While expecting
– recite the Quran. Link the deed to the baby, tawasul (as discussed earlier)
– keep making doa, NEVER GIVE UP! For safe delivery
3/After the child is born
– azan & iqamah
– give good name, tahnik, aqiqah
– RAISE (pelihara) the child
– Be PATIENT
Another 3 Levels of Responsibilities (Once the child is born)
1/ 1st 6 years
– raise & educate them with much loves and care ~“orang yang tak mengasihi tak akan dikasihi”.
– bring up the child the way he won’t be the fuel in hell. Saidina Ali r.a.: “Jaga diri kamu dahulu kemudian jaga orang-orang yang dekat, daripada jadi isi api neraka”.
– Know your child’s friends
– Make your child know (i) Allah, (ii) ibadah (teach them how to solah), (iii) good akhlak (the simple form, e.g. how to dress, eat according to sunnah)
– Sabda Rasulullah s.a.w: “Setiap kamu adalah pemimpin, dan setiap kamu dipertanggungjawabkan atas setiap apa yang dipimpin. Di rumah, isteri adalah pemimpin, maka isteri bertanggungjawab atas setiap yang dipimpin
وَٱلَّذِينَ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَا هَبۡ لَنَا مِنۡ أَزۡوَٲجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّـٰتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعۡيُنٍ۬ وَٱجۡعَلۡنَا لِلۡمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا
And who say: Our Lord! Vouchsafe us comfort of our wives and of our offspring, and make us patterns for (all) those who ward off (evil). (Surah Al Furqan: 74)
–“Bila mati anak Adam, akan terputus segala amalan kecuali 3 perkara: amal jariah, ilmu yang dimanfaatkan, dan doa anak soleh”
2/ 2nd 6 years
– To educate them more on aqidah. Bring in psychological approach in education, focus on the POSITIVE VALUES.
– Focus more on ibadah ~ solah, fast.. especially solah, once they’ve reached 7 years of age. Age 10: the critical age for the child to step into adulthood.
– Make them used to dress properly
– Do not ignore their wrongdoings
Unfortunately, since Ummu Husna has only children below the age of 11, she can’t share with us the last level (3rd 6 years of child’s age), just yet.
Anyways, wishing all the (young) mothers & mothers-to-be your very best in raising your children 😀
Photo below taken from http://helwa.fotopages.com