Last Sunday, I tried two new recipes.. which were:
i. Daging masak hitam manis
“I tried this recipe cos I cooked nasi daging using the paste that my in-laws posted to us before. The paste had already gone expired by date but not the actual thing.”
ii. Cheese marble chocolate brownies
“It’s been a while since I last baked…”
250g butter, melted
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix the cocoa powder to the melted butter
2. Hand whisk sugar & eggs, then pour into mix #1. Mix well.
3. Pour in the milk into the batter.
4. Add in flour (which has been sieved together with the baking powder & sod. bicarb)into the mixture. Mix well.
5. Finally add in the vanilla essence.
6. Baked in oven for ~20 minutes
200g cream cheese
1/2 cup caster sugar
1. Beat the cream cheeseuntil it is soft
2. Beat in sugar
3. beat in the egg
4. Pour the batter on the cake which has been baked for 20 minutes. Pipe in the residue of the brownies batter, create some pattern with it.
5. Bake for further 15 minutes or until the cheese is cooked.
I’m renewing my resolution – to cook something special on weekend as a treat for my beloved husband (and child or children in the future😉 ). I remember Ibu would normally cook special dish on weekends for the whole family. Something different from what we normally have on weekdays.
In seeking ways to become an obedient and solehah wife, I hope my effort counts.. insyaAllah..