Alhamdulillah, hari Isnin baru2 ni melepaskan keinginan nak makan nasi kerabu. Perancangan awalnya nak masak waktu weekend, tapi Allah itu kan Maha Berkuasa.. dah kami sekeluarga jatuh sakit, terpaksala ditangguhkan. Dan perancangan Allah tu memang yang sebaik2nya. Menu hujung minggu jadi menu istimewa sempena anniversary 🙂 Continue reading →
Last Sunday, I tried two new recipes.. which were:
i. Daging masak hitam manis “I tried this recipe cos I cooked nasi daging using the paste that my in-laws posted to us before. The paste had already gone expired by date but not the actual thing.”
ii. Cheese marble chocolate brownies “It’s been a while since I last baked…”
(A) 250g butter, melted
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix the cocoa powder to the melted butter
2. Hand whisk sugar & eggs, then pour into mix #1. Mix well.
3. Pour in the milk into the batter.
4. Add in flour (which has been sieved together with the baking powder & sod. bicarb)into the mixture. Mix well.
5. Finally add in the vanilla essence.
6. Baked in oven for ~20 minutes
200g cream cheese
1/2 cup caster sugar
1. Beat the cream cheeseuntil it is soft
2. Beat in sugar
3. beat in the egg
4. Pour the batter on the cake which has been baked for 20 minutes. Pipe in the residue of the brownies batter, create some pattern with it.
5. Bake for further 15 minutes or until the cheese is cooked.
I’m renewing my resolution – to cook something special on weekend as a treat for my beloved husband (and child or children in the future 😉 ). I remember Ibu would normally cook special dish on weekends for the whole family. Something different from what we normally have on weekdays.
In seeking ways to become an obedient and solehah wife, I hope my effort counts.. insyaAllah..
1. Break the dark chocolate into small pieces (reserving 25g for grating later) and place in a bowl that fits snugly over a pan of boiling water. Leave until the chocolate has completely melted and then remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Add the crème fraiche to the melted chocolate and whisk until combined. Put the double cream and icing sugar into a separate bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until it forms soft peaks. Fold the chocolate mixture into the cream to combine.
3. Remove the chocolate covered honeycomb bars from the freezer, remove the packets and wrap them in a clean tea towel. Place the tea towel under a chopping board and press down hard on the chopping board to crush the honeycomb. Open up the tea towel and tip the crushed honeycomb into the mousse and gently fold through with a spatula. Spoon the mousse into four small serving dishes and then grate over the remaining chocolate and serve.
Well, when I was pregnant.. I had this craziness of baking or cooking.. or anything related with food and kitchen (once the sickness was over, obviously!) hehe.. Was it because I was carrying a girl? No clue!
So, here are the pics of some of the desserts that I made – alone, or with Dzul’s help.. or I helped him.. 😉
Onde-onde.. or buah melaka.. (it’s orange in colour as we didn’t have any green colouring..)
Well, it’s been a hot summer in UK this year.. it’s like we are on the other end of weather spectrum from what we had in February (reminder: snow storm in UK)..
Anyway, as it was a hot day.. and also because I just watched JJCM, I was tempted (very much!) to have some cendol.. could imagine the cooling taste draining down my throat.. aaahh… 😉 And yesterday evening, I made some.. my very first attempt. Although not all ingredients were in stock, I just made do with whatever we had.. without pandan jus, and air kapur.. and instead of green, I put threw in orange color!!.. The end result: not so bad though.. although it didn’t taste as good as the one sold by the ‘lake’ in Seri Rampai, but there was still a taste of cendol..
I would definitely make it again, perhaps with complete ingredients this time. Just hope the heatwave in Britain last a lil bit longer for me to enjoy having more cendol!!