Learning should not be restricted to only inside a classroom. It can happen anywhere – at your home, in the garden, in a shopping mall (if you’re a shopaholic who spend most of the time in a shopping mall, eheh!).. even in the toilet!!
Rayyann’s lesson at our backyard 🙂
One fine evening in early of May 2011, while Dzul was happily snoozing in the bed.. hehe..
She still needed to be wrapped out as it was slightly cold. It wasn’t fully summer yet. That’s why..
You know we hardly get sunshine in this country, regardless of season. And what’s more in the winter.
So, on Saturday 12 February, once we knew that they forecasted the weather would be sunny, we grabbed the chance to bathe ourselves with the sunshine. We were in dire need to topping up the vitamin D, so that the calcium digested from the food we consumed could be absorb optimum-ly (is there such word?)
Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, we went to Attenborough Nature Reserve near Beeston. It was the second time for both Dzul & I, and the first for Rayyann.
Baru2 ni kawan2 Srikandi sibuk memuat naik gambar2 zaman sekolah.. terutamanya gambar PKBM(L).. di FB. Bila dah di’tag’, secara tak langsung terjumpa semula kenalan dari EC (or MSAB) yang sama2 digabungkan untuk perbarisan TATU hari kebangsaan 1998 peringkat negeri Johor. This one former EC student, I had known him better than anybody else in his team since we both participated in the sailing program of KLD Tunas Samudera in 1997, together with Azah Bot from my school and another student from EC. Continue reading →
It’s been a while since I last visited HelwaNMC’s fotopage. Tengok2 banyaknya aktivit yang dah ketinggalan. What to do, time did not permit me to join them.
Anyways, I found this entry which the activity was ‘potong kain baju kurung’.. demonstrated by moi.. hehe.. sampai skrg tak bagi2 lagi step-by-step instruction.. sampai dah bertukar ajk helwa 2x dah ni.. :S
At this time, I was in my early stage of pregnancy. Dah start morning sickness, but still hid the fact I was pregnant from everyone. Alhamdulillah masa sickness tu kalo pergi rumah orang, hilang rasa 😉
Last Sunday, I tried two new recipes.. which were:
i. Daging masak hitam manis “I tried this recipe cos I cooked nasi daging using the paste that my in-laws posted to us before. The paste had already gone expired by date but not the actual thing.”
ii. Cheese marble chocolate brownies “It’s been a while since I last baked…”
(A) 250g butter, melted
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup fresh milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Mix the cocoa powder to the melted butter
2. Hand whisk sugar & eggs, then pour into mix #1. Mix well.
3. Pour in the milk into the batter.
4. Add in flour (which has been sieved together with the baking powder & sod. bicarb)into the mixture. Mix well.
5. Finally add in the vanilla essence.
6. Baked in oven for ~20 minutes
200g cream cheese
1/2 cup caster sugar
1. Beat the cream cheeseuntil it is soft
2. Beat in sugar
3. beat in the egg
4. Pour the batter on the cake which has been baked for 20 minutes. Pipe in the residue of the brownies batter, create some pattern with it.
5. Bake for further 15 minutes or until the cheese is cooked.
I’m renewing my resolution – to cook something special on weekend as a treat for my beloved husband (and child or children in the future 😉 ). I remember Ibu would normally cook special dish on weekends for the whole family. Something different from what we normally have on weekdays.
In seeking ways to become an obedient and solehah wife, I hope my effort counts.. insyaAllah..
1. Break the dark chocolate into small pieces (reserving 25g for grating later) and place in a bowl that fits snugly over a pan of boiling water. Leave until the chocolate has completely melted and then remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Add the crème fraiche to the melted chocolate and whisk until combined. Put the double cream and icing sugar into a separate bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until it forms soft peaks. Fold the chocolate mixture into the cream to combine.
3. Remove the chocolate covered honeycomb bars from the freezer, remove the packets and wrap them in a clean tea towel. Place the tea towel under a chopping board and press down hard on the chopping board to crush the honeycomb. Open up the tea towel and tip the crushed honeycomb into the mousse and gently fold through with a spatula. Spoon the mousse into four small serving dishes and then grate over the remaining chocolate and serve.